We are hiring for the role of Head Chef to join our hotel in Peterborough. The Head Chef will be responsible for the overall food production, menu development, kitchen staff management, and ensuring that the kitchen operates efficiently and effectively.
AG Hotels Group is a fast-growing hotel investment company backed by major institutional investors. The company has acquired 13+ hotels in the last 24 months and is rapidly increasing its national footprint. We are an investor in people underpinned by a robust value system. You will be given ample opportunities to shine, challenge yourself, lead others and be rewarded for your commitment.
Position: Head Chef
No. of Positions: 1
Reports To: General Manager/Pub Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the kitchen, including food preparation, cooking, and service.
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared to a high standard and presented in an appealing manner.
- Train, supervise, and manage kitchen staff, including scheduling, performance management, and development.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations.
- Work with the General Manager to control food costs and improve the profitability of the kitchen.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as front-of-house, to ensure that customers have a positive dining experience.
- Keep up to date with culinary trends, techniques, and best practices to continuously improve the quality of food and service.
- Proven experience as a Head Chef in a pub/restaurant environment
- Excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and lead others
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and food handling procedures
- Willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays