We are hiring a Sous Chef to join our 4-star hotel, The Stuart Hotel in Derby. Someone who is passionate about food and has an eye for delicate details with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role. The candidate should have leadership skills and will be responsible for the training and development of the kitchen team.
AG Hotels Group is a growing hotel management company backed by major institutional investors. With a current portfolio of 12 hotels across the UK, the company is rapidly increasing its national footprint. We are an investor in people, and you will be given ample opportunities to shine, challenge yourself and realise your full potential.
Join a family culture that promotes growth, connection, and career development.
- Assist in managing all kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking, and cleanliness
- Work to achieve high levels of personal and departmental performance measures in order to meet and exceed customer and colleague expectations
- Has achieved Food Safety and Hygiene Level 3 qualification to ensure effective food safety and food hygiene practices for all personnel in the kitchen
- Manage and work closely with Head Chef and the kitchen team
- Determine food inventory needs, stock ordering and rationing
- HACCP file, record, and monitor
- Ensure the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary, food hygiene and safety guidelines
- Listen to any customer complaints and actively act upon them
- Responsible for Kitchen’s financial performance
- Keeps effective internal communications, supports departmental meetings and chairs as necessary to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Level 2 Food and Health Safety qualification is necessary
- Flexible and reliable
- Have a strong grasp of stock control, budgets, and scheduling
- Solid people management skills with the ability to set clear objectives
Position: Sous Chef
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: On-site parking, Private medical insurance