We are hiring a Line Chef to join our 4-star hotel, The Stuart Hotel in Derby. Someone who is passionate about food and has an eye for delicate details with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role. The candidate should have leadership skills and will be responsible for the training and development of the kitchen team.
AG Hotels Group, the parent company of The Stuart Hotel, is a growing hotel management company backed by major institutional investors. With a current portfolio of 11 hotels across the UK, we are rapidly increasing its national footprint. We are an investor in people, and you will be given ample opportunities to shine, challenge yourself and realise your full potential.
Join a family culture that promotes growth, connection, and career development.
- Manage all kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking, and cleanliness
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring variety and quality of servings – including cooked and continental breakfast, lunches, and evening meals
- Manage and work closely with Assistant Chef and the kitchen team
- Determine food inventory needs, stock ordering and rationing
- HACCP file, record, and monitor
- Ensure the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary, food hygiene and safety guidelines
- Listen to any customer complaints and actively act upon them
- Responsible for Kitchen’s financial performance
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Level 2 Food and Health Safety qualification is necessary
- Flexible and reliable
- Have a strong grasp of stock control, budgets, and scheduling
- Solid people management skills with the ability to set clear objectives
Position: Line Chef
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: On-site parking, Private medical insurance