We are hiring a head chef for our 4-star hotel, The Stuart Hotel in Derby. Someone who is passionate about food and has an eye for fine details with a minimum experience of 3 years in a similar role. The candidate should have leadership skills and will be responsible for the training and development of the kitchen team. He/She will be working directly with the Associate Director – F&B.
AG Hotels Group is an exciting hospitality management company backed by major institutional investors. The company has a portfolio of 12 hotels in the UK and is rapidly increasing its national footprint. We aim to become a significant player in the UK hotels market soon. We take pride in building our business upon a keen sense of purpose and values, driven around service, wellbeing, environment, and inclusive growth.
We are an investor in people, and you will be given ample opportunities to shine, challenge yourself and realise your full potential. Join a family culture that promotes growth, connection, and career development.
Position Title: Head Chef
Package: Competitive Salary + Performance-based Bonus + Benefits
Reports To: General Manager
- Manage all kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking, and cleanliness
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring variety and quality of servings – including cooked and continental breakfast, lunches, and evening meals
- Manage and work closely with Assistant Chef and the kitchen team
- Determine food inventory needs, stock ordering and rationing
- Food safety management systems, compliance, training, and recording
- Ensure the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary, food hygiene and safety guidelines
- Listen to any customer complaints and actively act upon them
- Responsible for Kitchen’s financial performance
- Preparing meals for weddings and conference events
- Uphold the company’s values
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Level 3 Food and Health Safety qualification along with HACCP Level 2 qualification
- Flexible and reliable
- Have a strong grasp of stock control, budgets, and scheduling
- Solid people management skills with the ability to set clear objectives
The candidate should be flexible to work on weekends as we have weddings and events at the hotel.