We are looking for a Head Chef to join our newly refurbished hotel in Castleford (opening as an ibis). Someone who is passionate about food and has an eye for fine details with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role. The candidate should have leadership skills and will be responsible for the training and development of the kitchen team.
AG Hotels Group is an exciting hospitality management company backed by major institutional investors. The company has a portfolio of 11 hotels in the UK and is rapidly increasing its national footprint. We aim to become a significant player in the UK hotels market in the near future. We take pride in building our business upon a keen sense of purpose and values, driven around service, wellbeing, environment, and inclusive growth.
We are an investor in people, and you will be given ample opportunities to shine, challenge yourself and realise your full potential.
Position Title: Head Chef
Package: Competitive Salary + Performance-based Bonus + Benefits
Reports To: General Manager
- Continued efficiency of the kitchen and production of consistent, quality food
- Manage and work closely with the Assistant Chef and the kitchen team
- Developing menu offerings – including cooked and continental breakfast, lunches and evening meals
- Determine food inventory needs
- HACCP file, record, and monitor
- Ensuring all health and hygiene standards are followed
- Deep cleaning of the kitchen
- Listening to any customer complaints and actively acting upon these
- Responsible for Kitchen’s financial performance
- Experience in a similar role
- Level 3 Food & Health Safety qualification will be an added advantage
- Flexible and reliable
- Have a strong grasp of stock control, budgets and scheduling
- Solid people management skills with the ability to set a clear objective