We are hiring a self-motivated, ambitious, and hands-on General Manager for our seafront 3-star hotel in Blackpool. Someone who can also multitask across other departments and is committed to delivering exceptional hospitality experiences. You will be the strategic business leader for the hotel to develop and implement strategies.
You will provide exemplary leadership to ensure all targets are met and exceeded whilst being a true people’s champion. You will be responsible for the commercial viability, ultimate guest satisfaction, employee engagement and overall maintenance and safety of the property. You will need to be truly passionate about hospitality and have a keen eye for detail.
AG Hotels Group is a fast-growing hotel investment company backed by major institutional investors. The company has acquired 13+ hotels in the last 24 months and is rapidly increasing its national footprint. We are an investor in people underpinned by a robust value system. You will be given ample opportunities to shine, challenge yourself, lead others and be rewarded for your commitment.
Position: General Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Develop the hotel budget and monitor financial and commercial performance to ensure goals are exceeded. Be key in driving revenues across all departments.
- Work with key objectives/key results to optimise performance and hold the operational and commercial leadership team accountable to exceed property objectives.
- Focus on developing and implementing a hotel operations strategy that is aligned with our company and leads in its implementation across all departments of the property.
- Stay informed and ahead of market trends and introduce new products, services and initiatives to further drive guest engagement and also all revenue streams.
- Drive and monitor guest feedback and performance data which will optimise guest engagement and retain their custom.
- Encourage innovation and drive necessary change to succeed and further develop.
- Provide opportunities for growth to maximise talent.
- Ensure correct controls are in place and policies are established and followed by all team members.
- Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs within the property and also the company support function.
- Work with HR to ensure staffing levels meet business demands.
- Ensure the property is compliant with licensing and health & safety laws.
- Implement a focused property maintenance programme along with the central support development team.
- Coach, mentor team members and review their performances.
- Be an influencer, help and inspire team members; champion solid business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity and above all lead by example – be an inspirational leader to the team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hotel operations across all departments – Housekeeping, FOH, BOH and F&B.
- You must be committed to grow professionally and give your best.
- Hungry to succeed, multi-tasker, well-organised and can perform under pressure.
- A hands-on approach to managing with effective leadership skills.
- Passion for hospitality & possess the drive to constantly deliver top-class customer service.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience in budget and finance.
- A demonstrable record of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Food hygiene and health and safety knowledge.
- Able to effectively prioritise and balance guest expectations with business priorities.
- Able to produce reports clearly and logically to a high standard, having numeracy, logistical and planning skills.
- Fluent in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of PMS and other hotel systems will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
Only candidates with General Manager experience with a 3-star property and a strong Food and beverage background will be considered.