For art and culture lovers, Yorkshire Sculpture Park is the perfect place to enjoy a wonderful day out with family and friends. Known as ‘Britain’s first and finest sculpture park’, Yorkshire Sculpture Park (YSP) is the leading international centre for modern and contemporary sculpture. Founded in 1977, YSP is the largest of its kind in Europe, spread across a 500-acre, 18th century Bretton Hall estate in West Yorkshire.
YSP is the only place in Europe to see Barbara Hepworth’s The Family of Man in its entirety alongside a significant collection of sculptures, including bronzes by Henry Moore, and site-specific works by Andy Goldsworthy, David Nash and James Turrell.
The Park also mounts a world-class, year-round temporary exhibitions programme including some of the world’s leading artists across six indoor galleries and the open air. Its open-air collection comprises gifts from artists and individuals and site-specific commissions. There are always around 100 sculptures and installations to discover in the open air. Learn more: https://ysp.org.uk/openair
The recent highlights include exhibitions by Tony Cragg, Not Vital, KAWS, Bill Viola, Anthony Caro, Fiona Banner, Ai Weiwei, Ursula von Rydingsvard, Amar Kanwar, Yinka Shonibare MBE, Joan Miró and Jaume Plensa. Check out the upcoming exhibitions list here: https://ysp.org.uk/exhibitions/future-exhibitions
You can also shop for a creative selection of homewares, books, accessories, and merchandise inspired by art, artists, designers, exhibitions and YSP’s collection.
Open daily, except 24-25 December
- 10.00–17.00 YSP Grounds, YSP Shop, YSP Centre, The Weston Shop
- 10.00–16.00 The Weston Gallery, The Kitchen at YSP Centre
- 10.00–16.00 The Chapel (open Thursday–Sunday, bank holidays and school holidays)
- 9.00–17.00 The Restaurant at The Weston
- 10.00–16.30 Centre Coffee (open weekends and school holidays)
- 10.00–16.00 The Cafe at YSP Learning (open weekends and school holidays)
- 10.00–17.00 Toilets at YSP Centre and Bothy Garden
- The Weston is open Tuesday–Sunday and Bank Holidays only.
A beautiful place to wander and discover, Yorkshire Sculpture Park is just 17 miles away from Hotel Castleford.
Become a member and explore Castleford with us. Enjoy exclusive discounts on local attractions, restaurants, bars, and popular places in the town. Write to us at email@example.com to learn more.